So Your Teenager Is Now A Licensed Driver!
His or her excitement probably knows no bounds. The parent’s feelings are a bit different! First thought: they want them to drive safely and accident free. Second thought: the need to select and pay for additional car insurance! The first step in that process is getting car insurance quotes for teenagers.
Luckily, help is readily available. Websites of most car insurance companies will lead you to car insurance quotes for teenagers. You’ll also probably want to search, using Google or your favorite search engine, for the phrase “car insurance for teenagers.”
Use of the Internet can make your search for the additional insurance faster and easier. And can be done in the comfort of your own home or office!
Have Your Driver Get Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers
The easiest thing to do would be to simply call your current insurer and say, “Please add my teenage son/daughter to the policy.” Just skip the car insurance quotes for teenagers part. That would be quick and easy.
But it very well might be much more costly than insurance you could find while doing some research.
How about this idea: Put the newly-licensed driver to work doing or at least helping with the research! That will have several benefits:
- He/She is probably at least as proficient as you are in navigating the ‘net. Maybe you’ll even learn some tricks! Plus, it’ll be some quality “together” time.
- The search will give them some real-world business experience. Schools are not doing a very good job of teaching business or money management, it seems. Here’s an excellent opportunity for them to experience a real business situation.
- Car insurance quotes for teenagers will help them understand the value of money! There are a few important aspects of life teens should learn. This is one!
Work All the Angles for Lowest Price
After compiling several car insurance quotes for teenagers, you’ll observe several things, among them:
- There is a variation in price
- Some are from companies with familiar names; some from companies you’ve never heard of
- Some from companies with offices and agents in your area and others with “offices” only on the Internet.
Zero in on two or three policies which you and your teenager think might be acceptable. Then go deeper into researching those car insurance quotes for teenagers.
Are multi-car discounts available? Is there a hefty discount for having completed a drivers education course? What if we include our home or business insurance with your company?
The goal is to transform the information from these car insurance quotes for teenagers into a policy with desired coverage and limits plus acceptable customer service at a reasonable price.
A bit of research will help you do exactly that. Plus, you’ll have a new driver who has a better understanding of family finances!